Knitting Pattern: Dreaming of a Sunset Shawl
A striped triangle shawl knitting pattern designed to show off your favourite yarns! Pattern includes written instructions and a progress tracker.
This is a digital download for the Dreaming of a Sunset Shawl knitting pattern. It is NOT a finished product.
Pay What Works
Accessibility is something that is very important to me which is why I am offering the ‘Pay What Works’ model for my patterns.
This allows for flexibility financially, while still valuing the work that goes into making these patterns a reality.
The price shown here is the ’true’ cost of the pattern and reflects the work that went into this design.
To purchase the pattern at a price that is more accessible to you, enter the coupon code at the checkout which is listed next to the price point.
Note: If you are purchasing from Europe, VAT will be added automatically at the checkout
LALELE1 – $3.60
LALELE2 – $4.20
LALELE3 – $4.80
LALELE4 – $5.20
NO CODE – $6.00
With the designing process, I often have the design all worked out in my head, write up the initial pattern and then find a suitable yarn to match my vision.
This time, I saw this yarn with shades of pink, purple and orange and straight away, it reminded me of something. A sunset.
Sitting on the steps at the back of my house, I often sit and look at the sunsets. They are a frequent occurrence especially as the spring turns to summer. The colours are so vibrant!
This shawl has been designed for the yarn to be the main focus, to take centre stage and for its’ full effect to be shown.
I settled on this striped design so that the colours of the sunset could work their way across the shawl. I set the raised coloured stripes against a plain pink background which represents the pink haze that surrounds a sunset.
- Nako Angora Luks Color (Fingering weight/4 ply – Fine (2))
- 5% Mohair, 15% Wool, 80% Premium Acrylic
- Yardage: 810 m / 886 yd; 150 g / 5.29 oz
- Colourway: 81917
- Yardage used: 691 m / 756 yd; 128 g / 4.51 oz (1 cake)
- Nako Angora Luks (Fingering weight/4 ply – Fine (2))
- 10% Mohair, 10% Wool, 80% Premium Acrylic
- Yardage: 550 m / 601 yd; 100 g / 3.52 oz
- Colourway: 6682
- Yardage used: 550 m / 601 yd; 100 g / 6.52 oz (1 ball)
NOTE: You can substitute the yarn used in the sample for your own favourite yarn. However, please note that a different yarn or yarn weight will affect the yardage required as well as the final measurements. A colour change yarn, ombre, gradient, self striping etc. would work well for Colour A. Any contrasting solid colour would work well for Colour B.
- 3.25 mm (US 3) or size to obtain gauge, 100 cm / 40 in. circular needle
- A long circular needle is recommended in order to accommodate the large number of stitches as the shawl grows in size.
- 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 in. = 26 stitches x 42 rows in stockinette stitch
- Gauge is not crucial to this project, but varying gauges will affect yardage and final measurements.
- Darning/Tapestry Needle
170 cm x 134 cm / 67 in. x 53 in.
Stitch count tables have been included within the pattern to allow you to track the pattern row by row, should you wish to do so.
I would love to see the pieces that you making using this pattern. Please share your work using the hashtags #Lalele_Designs, #DreamingOfASunsetShawl and tag @Lalele_Fibre_Arts to share the handmade love!