For this Blossom Cowl knitting pattern, we go for a little walk as we knit.
It is a cool Sunday morning. The air is crisp and fresh. It is springtime, the winter snow has FINALLY melted and the sun has broken through the clouds.
You take a deep breath of the fresh, cool air. It feels good to be outside, taking a walk through an orchard and soaking up the peace and quiet. All you can hear are the birds tweeting. It is very calming and relaxing.
To your left and to your right are rows of trees in neat straight lines. There is a grassy path between the trees.
You look up. The branches are full of blossom flowers in so many shades of white and pink. It is such a pretty sight!
This little village orchard was the inspiration for this cowl.
I knew that I wanted to design a cowl that was knit in the round with 1×1 ribbing. I looked through some stitch patterns and this one reminded me straight away of looking up at the flower filled branches. The little stripes of stockinette became the pathways between the trees.
Never tried lace knitting before? Don’t worry! There are short repeats as well as full written and charted instructions. There is even a progress tracker so that you can mark off every row as you complete it!
I also wrote the pattern repeats to end in the bands of stockinette stitch. This allows you to place a stitch marker, to mark the beginning of each repeat, into some ‘solid’ knitting. This means no stitch markers will move backwards and forwards under the yarn overs to confuse you!
Nako Estiva (Fingering weight/4 ply – Super Fine (1))
50% Cotton, 50% Bamboo
Yardage: 375 m / 410 yd; 100 g / 3.52 oz
Yardage used: 247-273 m / 270-299 yd; 66-73 g / 2.32-2.57 oz (1 ball)
- This yarn is lightweight and perfect for all year round wear. It is beautifully soft and has a
gorgeous drape to it.
- 3.25 mm (US 3) or size needed to obtain gauge, 40 cm/16 in. circular needle
- 24 stitches x 34 rows = 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4 in. Stockinette Stitch in the round (blocked)
- One repeat of the Blossom Lace pattern = 12.5 cm / 5 in. by 3.5 cm / 1⅜ in. (blocked)
- Stitch marker
- Contrast stitch markers (optional)
- Darning / tapestry needle
Circumference: 66 cm / 26 in.
Height: 30.5 cm / 12 in.
Don’t forget, you can share your WIP photographs and finished cowls with me over on Instagram using the hashtags #Lalele_Designs and #BlossomCowl. I can’t wait to see what you create!
- The fully formatted PDF crochet pattern is available to purchase on the following websites: